Monday, November 23, 2015

Nihilistinen Barbaarisuus-The Child Must Die (2015)

Ok, right off the bat there is something that I can say, I like the production quality. There is no hissy noise to drown everything out. You can actually hear every instrument, yet it still has that hazy black metal atmosphere. I could somewhat compare the sound that I'm talking about with something that would be found in many albums from Norway. So that is a plus. On this one, everything is audible (with maybe the exception of the bass). That being said, everything sounds pretty great, especially instrument wise, it kinda makes me feel like I'm outside in a forest. So there's a great start here. The drums on here are outstanding, as there are tons of blast beats and rapid fast playing. The cymbals are used very effectively along with it in many parts, and overall sounds incredible. The guitar work is great too, and hey, I can actually hear it really well! It has riffs that are surprisingly melodic, maybe melodic isn't fully accurate, but more so than a lot of black metal. This album is dark and evil, don't get me wrong, but it isn't ugly or even grim in the slightest bit. The evilness that this work conjures is more of a gothic, seductive, sorrowful or beautiful type instead of traditional black metal's use of minimalism and brutality to get the evilness done. No, my dear friends, this is evilness set about due to complexity and the beauty of evil. This is utterly sophisticated black metal art. Basically, the album starts off rather fast and brutal hits its peak around the middle then gets more beautiful and complex towards the end. I don't normally like Black Metal,but Nihilistinen Barbaarisuus from United states set the standards. If you've never heard black metal before, and need a starting point, this album would do you good. Not bad at all !
www.facebook.com/nihilistinenbarbaarisuus
Review by Paul Caravasi

No comments:

Post a Comment