Friday, June 10, 2016

Cough-Still they pray (2016)

Upon first listen this isn’t what I would consider boilerplate doom (plodding tempos, waif-ish vocals, and slow, chunky riffs that don’t really go anywhere), but rather taking the slow, dragging approach into a sound that is purely experimental. The overall performance is just as old-school sound-wise, bringing crushing guitars, avant-garde synth dabblings, wah-wahing solos and bleak vocal work to life with a scratchy analog sound for that extra “classic” touch. So in the end I really dug this. Maybe...time will have to tell me if i'll enjoy more stoner bands. But until then I'll have this little wonder to enjoy to my blackened heart's content.
www.facebook.com/Cough666
bob@relapse.com
Review by Paul Caravasi

No comments:

Post a Comment